Thursday 14 December 2006

I saw this iceberg really close up from one of the ribbed boats on the trip back from Vernadsky. It feels so surreal to be here and be close enough to touch these frozen lumps of ice.
Later we stopped at a former UK base, Faraday. It is now owned by the Ukraine and is called Vernadsky. I was lucky enough to get the chance to visit the base via one of the ships ribbed boats. This was an amazing experience and felt very privileged indeed. Whilst there i got the chance to sample the bases Vodka and even got the time for a quick game of pool.
A Crab eater seal sleeping on an iceberg as we slowly sailed by. There was also a presence of Humpbacked whales nearby.
I awoke today to the feeling of Adam tickling my feet through the curtains of my bed. He was like a kid at Christmas. It was 5am and he said to put some clothes on and get outside. When i did this is just one of the many Breathtaking views which i saw.

No comments: