Sunday 24 December 2006

Christmas Eve and no better place to spend it than up in the mountains snowboarding. Think that is my idea of heaven. Despite the fact that there is snow all around here it doesn't feel a bit like Christmas. We now have lots of Christmas decorations in the dining hall and our fabulous chefs Alan, Riet and Cyril baked loads of mince pies and a massive two tier Christmas cake today. I'm looking forward to Christmas dinner tomorrow. Little sausages wrapped in bacon! umm! That's Jim by the way, the winter boatman on one of the base skidoos that are purely for recreation use.
One of the skidoos towing two people up the ski slope, Vals. Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of chair lifts. However it is a lot more fun getting towed by a ski doo!
As this is my first Christmas away from home i do miss the atmosphere and wish all my friends and family a very merry Christmas, especially my mum, dad, nan and grandad, James, Kelly, Kiani and Finian.

No comments: